In this modern world, online security has become a very big concern. You may receive calls from people who sound very convincing and try to collect your personal details. They will find all credible reasons for collecting this information. These vile fraudsters hack your computer and take as much money as possible before even you could realize that you have been robbed. People should Look At This as a serious problem. On http://forbes.com/ you may get more awareness. Since they are very clever, they will try to rush you and make it sound like very urgent. Don’t give in. Be very cautious.
How crimes are committed
Simply any account can be hacked by a fraudster, which includes credit cards, bank, and e-mails, etc. Bank accounts are hacked using spyware, malware or phishing scams. Although cybercrimes come in many ways, people have to follow these simple steps to protect themselves from crime. They also send links requesting you to open which has hacking software attached to them.
Cybercrime is becoming more common as many people are doing their Christmas shopping, gift purchases and sending greeting online. From Black Friday to X’mas day there will be tips and advice on how to be careful from fraudsters this Christmas.
How to deal with cybercrime
· Never give any personal information over the phone or a text message that has been sent by a bank. A Bank would never request such information over the phone or through a message.
· Never use public Wi-Fi while buying things with your phone as info could be hacked. It is better to use the mobile network. You change your password for different accounts.
· Use high privacy settings on social media and maintain personal information safely.
More tips to get protection from fraudsters
· Always check with your bank and be familiar with their format of communication. You can easily identify the spam emails.
· Change the password regularly and use the lock in the address bar while shopping online. Check your receipts immediately.
· Do not use any links to open your account. Always access through the main web page only.
Report a crime
· Report the crime using tools that are available online. Feel free to speak to the specialists and get advice.
· You should be ready to give all the relevant facts that you have regarding the suspect. For example Name, date and amount of money, etc.
· They report it to government agencies immediately.
· You will receive a reference number related to the crime from police department which you can keep track on.
There are many tools which enable companies and individuals to report internet crime. This helps to disrupt the fraudsters and take action against them.
You can protect yourself and others from fraudsters by reporting the crime. You could also teach them a good lesson and help them get justice. The Internet is a great invention. It has made life much easier for everybody. Nobody can survive without it in this fast world. We only need to be extra careful while updating personal information on social media.